Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 19 – January 19, 2010 :: Make a Wish

Matthew turned 11 today.  His party with a couple of his friends will be this weekend, but we had a small family celebration this evening.  When it came time for the birthday (cup)cake, I could tell he was really thinking about what he wanted to wish for.  He took his time and then finally closed his eyes and blew.

This is the look on his face when he opened his eyes and realized the blue candle hadn’t gone out…

And this is the look on his face after he tried again and the candle still didn’t go out. LOL

It wasn’t a trick candle, I swear!  That sucker just didn’t want to go out.  Even after he finally got the flame to go out, the wick glowed for a long time, and it put off a ton of smoke for such a small candle.  I think we may have gotten a defective candle. LOL  Hopefully, it won’t have any impact on that wish coming true. ;)

Happy Birthday Matthew!  I hope you have an amazing year! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to him!!!